When The Dead Came 1 & 2

When The Dead Came 1 & 2

Friday, July 29, 2016

Natural Disasters

Hello and hope everyone is having a decent day. Been busy writing, babysitting my niece, and promoting. It has been hot here every day, but woke up this morning and it was actually cold in here. Turned out it has been raining since five this morning. Called yesterday to check on my son and he is doing well. And apparently anger/stubbornness runs in the family, haha. He has anger issues and is pretty stubborn.
Been a lot of natural disasters these days. It actually flooded some in the city. The last time it flooded here where I live was back in August, 2009. Luckily, we got to miss school for a week because it got bad in town. School and homes got damaged. Yet, here at the house, we didn't get damage.
The thing to know about me is I have a pretty good memory. For example, in my teens at the age of 16, we had a snow storm/blizzard like conditions here. Knocked the power out for almost a month. We had built a snowcat, instead of a snowman.
In spring time of 2010, my mom and I had been the only ones home to deal with a fire that started from a sparking power line. It was dangerous, but it also was taking the fire truck an hour to show up.
November 7th of 2011, while I was cleaning, we had an earthquake for the first time... Felt weird too because I was standing and I thought I got dizzy. Our cat at the time was hanging out on the table and just looked at me funny. Then, three days after, we had a tornado. I remember that clearly. We had gone to the abandoned cellar next door. Now what sucked about that, was the cellar has no door. So a lot of the debris being thrown around came in the cellar: Branches, leaves, trash, rain. Of course the strong winds and we could hear the tornado going over. After it passed, we left the cellar and could see it in the distance.
Our cats were okay, my brother's ramp he had spent all summer building was destroyed, our basketball goal was snapped in half. Satellite dish damaged, front porch flooded with water, the wheelbarrow and trash can were in the field behind the house, bark gone on the trees. We expected the mailbox to be gone, but in a funny way, it was still there, just not the lid.
April of 2013 when I lived in Elk City with my now ex husband, it was hot and storming, hailing all night. When we woke up the next day, it was icy, snowing, and freezing.
Finally, when I was pregnant back in July of 2013, there was a firework malfunction. It fell over, shot sparks in random directions, and caught the driveway on fire. My husband at the time stood there and watched while I helped my family fight the fire. After awhile though, my family made me stop helping so I didn't miscarry.
The day my son was born, it was icy and snowing.
Good example of random weather here in Oklahoma.

Love
Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment