When The Dead Came 1 & 2

When The Dead Came 1 & 2

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Fan Of Jackass and Not Ashamed Of It





So, I finally got Jackass on dvd. The complete movie and tv collection. I was pretty happy when I got it because I used to love watching the tv series when it was MTV. I'll admit that from watching it, my two younger siblings and i would get the bright idea to try our own stunts. Not as dangerous like they did. We took turns pushing each other down a hill on a push mower. Didn't affect our lives in a bad way either, hell, when we didn't watch it years later, we were hitting each other with bamboo for fun when I was 18 years old. And probably like other girls (maybe), I watched it because I had a crush on Johnny Knoxville. I know I'm not the only one. These days however, I like Ehren Mcghehey.
But, with liking and enjoying Jackass, the movies and show, I do get criticized for it. Guys don't understand how or why I would even like the Jackass franchise, my ex told me they were too insane for him to enjoy watching. My mom finds the series very gross (I remember the awkwardness that came from watching Jackass Number Two with my siblings and mom) and my siblings these days pick on me for liking the series/movies. It involves name calling, calling me gay for liking it, weird and claim something is wrong with me.
It sucks, but why should I care what they and others think? It bothers me because they bring it up every chance they get, I guess their way of trying to get me to no longer watch it.
I love the franchise. They make me laugh, make me feel bad for them when someone gets hurt, and just helps me forget my problems in my life. It's like an escape from the stress and depression I have every day. It also makes me nostalgic for the early 2000s when I used to watch it on tv.
Maybe I'm immature, and most would probably say it's unladylike of me, but... I love the humor. Usually when someone can make me laugh, it's what I find most attractive. And in the case of Jackass, it's what I find hilarious.
Not sure why Jackass would make someone consider me gay for watching either.
I'm a girl.
The show is primarily guys.
Good looking guys might I add. I mean, c'mon: Johnny Knoxville, Ehren Mcghehey, Steve O, Chris Pontius, Wee Man, Preston Lacy, Dave England, Bam Margera, Ryan Dunn (may he rest in peace). Maybe some of the stunts done would make most uncomfortable, but... It's funny. As I read in another article before, for girls, there's at least one of them guys you will find hot. Sounds like a challenge if you think about it.
I used to like Johnny Knoxville, think it was his accent, that southern accent. Now I like Ehren Mcghehey, or Danger Ehren,  and his "Safety First". He's a handsome man that encourages safety.
Think the only time I got grossed out was the Vomit Omelet. Still watched it. It only killed my appetite for a bit.
Jackass may not be for everyone, but it's usually something that I recommend. If you like dirty, crude, offensive, sexual humor. It has been years since the series ended, same with the movie series; I call it the best that was on MTV (alongside Viva La Bam). These days, I watch Ridiculousness. Not all the time, unfortunately, but I do when I can.
I don't think there will ever be a replacement for Jackass. Those men were daring and challenging for the entertainment of others. Aside from laughing at the stunts, I also felt bad/sympathy for them. So... there is proof I'm not completely cold hearted.
... Well, then again, I wasn't really cold hearted at all to begin with.
The point is, there is nothing wrong with Jackass. It wasn't really a bad influence on me either. I have scars, but not from doing stunts around the house. It was just me being accident prone. Accidentally running into a trailer hitch hurts like hell. I still have the small indention in my shin. Those stories are for another time.
I enjoy Jackass, and likely always will, because it makes me forget my everyday stresses, the depression of hardly getting to see my son, and reminding me of how simple things were in the early 2000s when people enjoyed that kind of humor.
Love
Ariana Torralba

No comments:

Post a Comment