When The Dead Came 1 & 2

When The Dead Came 1 & 2

Monday, March 20, 2017

Busy and Hot Today

Hello everyone, hope your weekend has been great, now it's Monday. It has been very hot and humid here, not sure about the rest of you out there. Have allergies again! I swear, when possible and I can get full custody of my son, would love to move out of Oklahoma. The weather fluctuates so much, hot and windy to cold and raining. Sometimes below freezing and then the next it's in the damn 80s or 90s, high pollen counts and dust. Miserable. But, been writing No One Else.
Now, this book won't be a horror, no gore or strong violence. It's a comedy/drama/romance. Well, maybe dark comedy. Apparently plenty of swearing, says the word fuck over 59 times so far, even more of others. Writing it where I channel in all emotions, including anger I bottle up... Which happens everyday here. Such as a moment ago.
No One Else also has a blend of realism. Some of the things in the book are based on what's happened in my life: Divorce, custody and how that makes the character dealing with it feel, pregnancies (only had one pregnancy in my life, so I channeled that in), struggles, inner feelings of anger, sadness, hate, regrets, happiness, and loneliness. The humor I try to use to feel better, struggles of finding a job here, and how it feels when you have been cheated on, lied to about love, broken trust, and bottling it all up until that breaks free.
Should be interesting. It takes place in Los Angeles (instead of Oklahoma), and focuses on six different people in that city. Should be ready soon. I gotta think up a cover for it. That seems to be the difficult part. Some days I don't feel like drawing.
Hope you all have a great day and as usual, feel free to contact me or hell, even follow on my social media accounts. You know the drill:
Twitter (@Ariana_Torralba)
Instagram (@Ariana_Torralba91)
And When The Dead Came page on Facebook

Love
Ariana

No comments:

Post a Comment